Accessing July Provision
To confirm your child’s eligibility have your school principal complete pages 2 & 3 of the DES document. To open it [Click Here]
We would advise you get this document completed asap by the school and the tutor/SNA as it will be needed by the DES, also show it to the tutor as proof that your child is eligible.
All children from Little Angels are eligible this year.
- Secure the services of a registered teacher or an SNA. They must meet the schemes qualification and child protection criteria.
Parents cannot provide the programme to their own children.
If you don’t already have a teacher/SNA this website has a noticeboard that teachers and parents can use. https://julyprovision.com/bbw/
Prior to starting tuition
- Tutors must be a registered Teacher or an SNA
- Tutors must show you their vetting disclosure
- You must request a newly issued vetting disclosure if you are engaging with this tutor for the first time.
- You are advised to consider whether a newly issued vetting disclosure is necessary
- All tutors/SNAs engaged must have a current Statutory Declaration completed. A copy is available at appendix 1 on this [DES document]
The factors a parent/guardian may wish to take into account in determining whether a newly issued vetting disclosure is required may include the following
- Time period since last vetting was obtained
- Whether there are any gaps in the persons employment/career/educational history which have not been satisfactorily accounted for.
- Whether comprehensive references have been made available in respect of previous employments
Tuition can take place over any of the 4 weeks commencing from Monday 29th June 2020 and finishing no later than Friday 21st August 2020.
Allocation of hours
The allocation is 10 hours per week over 4 weeks per household.
Siblings will receive adjusted hours as follows
- 2 Children receive a total of 15 hours per week for 4 weeks
- 3 Children receive a total of 20 hours per week for 4 weeks
- 4 Children receive a total of 25 hours per week for 4 weeks
Siblings will receive their own allocation of 10 hours per week over 4 weeks if they…
- Are in different educational levels ie 1 Primary and 1 in Post-Primary
- One child is in a specialised setting
- Or where one sibling is living in a separate home.
What to do with the various pages in the DES document? [Click Here] to open it.
- Application form completed by the parent/guardian. – page 1
- Confirmation by school of child’s eligibility - pages 2 & 3
- Details page completed by the teacher/SNA - page 4
- Appendix 1 – Statutory Declaration – pages 6 & 7
- Appendix 2 – Form of undertaking – page 8.
- Parent/Guardian confirmation must be signed – page 8
Above information provided by Julyprovision.com
F92 PK60 Tel. 0749122456
For work placements contact: